- as a very impatient person, I never thought I would cultivate so much patience for my newborn
- the need for mummy friends- that are going through what you are going and so can relate and feel more relaxed with what is happening in your life
- the joy and pride when you see your child reach a new milestone
- the feeling of love that surges and fills your body and soul whenever you look at your child - so different to any other form of love i ever felt!
- the need to stop working and care for our child myself - sincerely I had never planned on it but when I had to go back to work I realised it couldn't happen...so I worked 5 months as needed and stopped for good (and thankfully I could afford to do it)
- feeling the need to try and build a local mum community and built a website (still a long way to go but getting there slowly)
- understanding that its no use getting angry when things don't go as I wish, my baby doesn't understand that mummy is tired and would LOVE to just switch off and read till oblivion or wishes to relax in bath...
I haven't thought of more things I didn't know, but I have decided to think more about this and keep it in mind. And you have you got any mummy experiences you never thought you would go through?