Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Putting the dragon to sleep

Over and over I have been blessed and given what I needed exactly when I needed it.  Recently I realised I had reached what many call mommy burn out and felt desperate to regain some balance as I was affecting not just myself but the rest of my family with my behaviour.  I looked up for some retreat and lo and behold this retreat came up at the perfect price.  I took it without a second thought but with lots of guilty feelings and worry anyway.  Guilty that I was bumping my husband and his mom with my two babies out of the blue without giving them much of an option and worry that they might not be fine nighttime (its when they are high needs for me).  But whatever the notions I went and it was a blessing a wonderful experience.

It helped me remember things I had lost sight of, become aware of things I was told about but never really looked at, understood more what I was meant to do and of course relax and enjoy this very short break.

I will be grateful forever for the people I met there who helped me out and encouraged me and let me talk over and over about my kids.  And I am forever in debted with my Lord who gave me what I needed when I needed it once more!

No comments:

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Putting the dragon to sleep

Over and over I have been blessed and given what I needed exactly when I needed it.  Recently I realised I had reached what many call mommy burn out and felt desperate to regain some balance as I was affecting not just myself but the rest of my family with my behaviour.  I looked up for some retreat and lo and behold this retreat came up at the perfect price.  I took it without a second thought but with lots of guilty feelings and worry anyway.  Guilty that I was bumping my husband and his mom with my two babies out of the blue without giving them much of an option and worry that they might not be fine nighttime (its when they are high needs for me).  But whatever the notions I went and it was a blessing a wonderful experience.

It helped me remember things I had lost sight of, become aware of things I was told about but never really looked at, understood more what I was meant to do and of course relax and enjoy this very short break.

I will be grateful forever for the people I met there who helped me out and encouraged me and let me talk over and over about my kids.  And I am forever in debted with my Lord who gave me what I needed when I needed it once more!

No comments: