Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

10 times and no more!!

This month I made a deal with myself- to not shout at my kids more than 10 times for the whole month!

Being practically half way through, I have also shouted half my limit so far.  Being more aware of what my son is thinking helps me to check myself and challenging myself not to shout is also an assett to remain in awareness.  Taking note of when he is likely to be hungry and providing him with food and noting when he gets tired and so easily frustrated has been a big stress reducer.  Also remembering to ignore him when shouting and kicking has been of great value since he stops quickly doing thm without an audience.

Also making time alone with him and telling him how his sister tires me out with her constant attention needs, is helping him calm down more.  I can finally feel the difference in me and enjoying the change!

No comments:

Saturday, March 12, 2011

10 times and no more!!

This month I made a deal with myself- to not shout at my kids more than 10 times for the whole month!

Being practically half way through, I have also shouted half my limit so far.  Being more aware of what my son is thinking helps me to check myself and challenging myself not to shout is also an assett to remain in awareness.  Taking note of when he is likely to be hungry and providing him with food and noting when he gets tired and so easily frustrated has been a big stress reducer.  Also remembering to ignore him when shouting and kicking has been of great value since he stops quickly doing thm without an audience.

Also making time alone with him and telling him how his sister tires me out with her constant attention needs, is helping him calm down more.  I can finally feel the difference in me and enjoying the change!

No comments: