Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

a little baby but a big man

There are these moments, where I look at Greg and see this big grown person.  I listen to him telling me the stories of cartoons he's been watching, or things that he remembers happened and wonder at his ever increasing ways that he is distancing from baby/toddlerhood.

Yet, I also see through his eyes the baby I still got.  The one who asks for help to go down stairs, or lets me feed him.  The nappy I still change and the breast I lovingly give him.  I look at him sleeping, and once more I find my little baby.

He is my first born.....the one to first pierce my motherhood heart.  I love him immensely!

No comments:

Thursday, January 27, 2011

a little baby but a big man

There are these moments, where I look at Greg and see this big grown person.  I listen to him telling me the stories of cartoons he's been watching, or things that he remembers happened and wonder at his ever increasing ways that he is distancing from baby/toddlerhood.

Yet, I also see through his eyes the baby I still got.  The one who asks for help to go down stairs, or lets me feed him.  The nappy I still change and the breast I lovingly give him.  I look at him sleeping, and once more I find my little baby.

He is my first born.....the one to first pierce my motherhood heart.  I love him immensely!

No comments: